Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Sunday

I think non-healthy foods go hand in hand with the Super Bowl. At least they do in my my house! This year we decided to go pretty low key for the game and only have one friend over and not make a huge spread. Which is a good compromise for my waistline. 

Except the mini spread we have is taco dip, beer dip, and pizza. I don't even care because they tasted phenomenal. ;-)

The good news is that we got to the Y at 10:30 this morning to do our workout. We promptly found out 3 things. 

1) They don't open the actual workout spaces until 11 am.
2) Sunday mornings are way too crowded on their track. 
3) People on the track can act like big time assholes. 

#3 is the main reason that as we were leaving we said, never again at this time. There is a clear sign by the stairs when you get up there that slower traffic should stay to the inside. This was only read by maybe 1/4 of the people up there. There was even a woman with a baby jogger up there walking slow on the outside and every time we got to her of course there was also a walker on the right. Bobbing and weaving takes so much energy for runners. It's so frustrating. I finally nicely asked her if she could move to the inside. She replied, "I'm fine, I'll stay on the outside." I turned back and said, "the sign says slower traffic on the INside. It's so the runners don't have to weave in and out." She mumbled something like "oh guess I didn't see that." Which is fine, I asked her nicely in the beginning. But don't give me attitude when you can't take the time to read the rules... She then commenced to bitch about K and me to her husband when he came back up to check in with them. 

Like I care. Just let the fat kid get her run in, mmmkay?

In other news, today marks 8 weeks until my 8k! Eeek! I struggled a bit on my run today. It was due in some small part to all the lane traffic that messed with my pacing but I'm not sure that was the whole reason. I followed the Hal Higdon training schedule almost perfectly, only switching my rest day to Saturday instead of Friday. I think I ended up slightly short of running the entire 2 miles today. I know if I add in the walking laps I hit it but I was a bit disappointed that I didn't run it as I had done on Tuesday and Thursday. I was just not in good shape today and I can't really pinpoint why. I was wearing new socks that have the arch support band on them and my toes and feet did go slightly numb so I had to loosen my laces midway through. I'm still not sure that was enough to mess me up as much as I was. Oh well. I know everyone has off days. As the saying goes, "A bad run is better than no run." So I will just move on from it and do my best on Tuesday.

My training schedule for this week will look like this:

Monday: stretch and strength
Tuesday: 2 mile run
Wednesday: 30 Day Shred (level 1)
Thursday: 2 mile run + strength
Friday: water fitness (60 min)
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 2.5 mile run

Well...that's all for me tonight! Have a great week y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment