Sunday, February 9, 2014

7 weeks out from the SS 8k

Well I have to say that I am quite pleased with myself tonight. 

We were at home in Chicago this weekend and this morning I got up and headed to church with my grandma. I got to spend the rest of the morning into the early afternoon with her and it was wonderful. I am so lucky to have a chance to spend time with her. I miss being at home and being able to pop in whenever I feel like. 

The only negative to this was that it cost me some travel time back to Wisconsin. The Y here in town is only open until 6 pm on Sundays. From my in-laws house, it is a 3 hour drive. We ate some lunch from our favorite local Mexican fast food hole in the wall (Taco Burrito King or TBK if you're curious) and then hurried to pack up the car. 

We left at about 2:45 and I really thought that there was no way I was going to make it up here in time to get in a run. It was my "move up" day in training and it was really important to me. Today was the day that I needed to move up to a 2.5 mile run. I was really, really bummed out. 

The traffic gods must have taken pity on me because somehow we managed to make awesome time. Well, truth be told I'm pretty sure that K was driving more along the guidelines that I use when driving. Ha!

We were rolling into town at about 5:15 so I made a comment about how he should just drop me off at the Y since we would have to pass it to get home and wait for me in the car with the animals. He said, "Well, if you want me to drop you off, I will. I'll just go drive the animals home, unload the car, and come back for you." Knowing that the only choice I had was just sucking it up and running in my thicker yoga pants and a heavy t-shirt on the track and getting in my actual run or having to fake it and do it on the elliptical at home, I chose to be dropped off. 

I was pretty nervous to get this distance accomplished, especially since I wasn't really "prepped" to go and was literally just getting out of the car after a 180 mile road trip. But I freaking did it. I felt pretty good during it as well. A couple times my legs threatened to go to jello but I pushed through. I did not have a repeat of the breathing issues from Thursday, thank goodness. I guess the only explanation for that bad run is simply being off on my breathing. Oh well. I obviously sucked it up and moved past it. It's the only thing that you can do if you're going to continue to transform yourself. 

The rest of my week looks like this for training:
Monday - stretch and strength
Tuesday - 2.5 mile run
Wednesday - 35 minute cross train
Thursday - 2.0 mile run + strength
Friday - likely rest day - I have a noon conference call that conflicts with my water fitness class
Saturday - 40 minute cross train
Sunday - 3 mile run (holy shit)

Well, I am exhausted and I should have gone to bed an hour ago. Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment