Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Eff Foam Rolling & Weigh In Wednesday

Seriously. I was trying to keep the title of this post PG 13 but I really wanted to say Fuck Foam Rolling in all it's spelled out glory.

What masochist decided that this foam rolling thing was an awesome thing?? Oh yeah, skinny, fit people most likely. 

I went out and bought one from Target on Monday night because I was a little sore after my run on Sunday and multiple people have told me about them. I watched some online videos and thought, "Hmm, ok, I can do this." Yeah, no. It is painful. It freaking hurts. They *say* that it will get better over time but I'm not sure that can come fast enough. It helps if you have good upper body strength to begin with... Oh and no fat rolls. I was like a beached orca flailing around.

In all honesty, it might have helped me for yesterday's run because I ran my first mile at a 10:30 pace. That is amazing for me. The second mile slowed way down though, hahaha. But I felt pretty good all 2.5 miles. So I rolled out again (or attempted to) last night and I got a damn rug burn on my arm. Why do those hurt so bad?? I mean really?

Today I still feel sore in my right knee and hip. So basically the jury is still out on this whole rolling thing. I know many tout the benefits of it so I'll stick with it for a while. 

For anyone looking to get one, after the fact I looked into the different colors of them. The color actually means something. Go figure. I just went for my favorite color, green. The white ones are the softest version. The blue or green are more of a medium firmness. The black ones are the most firm and for the more advanced users. 

This is the one I bought:
As for weigh in...not a ton of movement. I was at 221.0 on the dot this morning. Still a small loss but not as much as I would have liked. Maybe I shouldn't have gone overboard this weekend in the food department ;-) Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment