Monday, February 17, 2014

Motivation Monday



Using these two for my motivational messages this week is helping me to remember to slow down mentally and remember why I started this journey in the first place. 

There are countless stories that highlight the pain of being overweight. The stigma, the embarrassment, the pain, and the heartache. I'm not sure there are many stigmas out there that are worse than being overweight or infertile. I happen to be battling both of those issues currently. Feeling like a failure and that your body is flawed is a huge mental road block. Some people are never able to get over them. 

I don't want to feel the pain of being fat anymore. I don't want to cringe at myself in pictures. I don't want to cry in a "normal person's" clothing store dressing room because I can't fit into the largest size they carry. I want to be healthier and thinner. Under no circumstances have I felt any pain from my workouts that can even compare to the pain of being overweight.

I also have to do that one pound at a time. There isn't a quick fix for this problem. Little by little, it will happen. Sometimes I get down on myself when I see other people have huge weeks with losses of 4-5 lbs. I have to remember that I'm not in a race with anyone other than myself - and there isn't a prize for getting there first. The medal only comes from reaching the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment