Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello 2014!!!

I am happy to report that even though I indulged a bit (ok, I was plowed) last night, I am not hungover and looking forward to a fabulous year ahead. 

Naturally this is my weight related resolutions post. You wouldn't expect anything less today now would you? Please help keep me accountable! I want to be looking back at this post in 364 days and thinking, "Damn, you did good."

I am setting the bar high this year for all my resolutions - not just the health related ones. I am dubbing 2014 "The Year of Personal Health, Happiness, and Commitment."

1) Be 50 lbs lighter. That is a tad over double my loss for 2013. It's less than a pound a week. It is a big number to shoot for. I'm nervous but I know it needs to happen.

2) Run at least 3 races: at least one 5k, one 8k, and one 10k.

3) Fit into a size 14 in time for wedding season. My SIL's wedding is in mid-May and my step-sister's in mid-June. I am in both weddings: co-Matron of Honor for SIL and reader for stepsis. I want to look half decent in pictures.

4) Continue to eat and drink sensibly. Keep up on the great job I've been doing of staying hydrated with plenty of water. I need to continue working on portion control. Consumption of carbs and sweets needs to be lessened.

5) Lower my BMI. It has to be under a specific number in order to do IVF at my clinic instead of a hospital. Each clinic is different and some don't have restrictions but I would like to be at a BMI of 34 by the time we do IVF. That still leaves me in the obese category but it would be a major improvement from where I sit at 40.1.

6) Lower my WHR (Waist-to-Hip Ratio). This is important to me because of the strongly linked fertility implications. The optimal ratio is 0.7 for females. Right now I am at .99. Not good at all. Any improvement is good. I don't think I want to set a goal number for this year but just say that getting to .7 is the end goal. For more about this see: <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist%E2%80%93hip_ratio" target="_blank">Wikipedia's WHR page.</a>

7) Be good to this blog. I don't want this to become a neglected blog. I want to continue to be honest about where I am  - good or bad progress. I hope that there is someone out there that can find themselves relating to where I am, or have been, or where I am going and wants to continue reading my shenanigans. I will continue to strive for total transparency. It's hard. Very, very, very hard to show all the "bad" in an open forum like this. Nobody wants to share their embarrassing facts and "ugly" pictures. But if I can do this, maybe I can help not only myself but someone else.

Well, that's of them. Can you believe those are only my health related ones??? Well, here we go 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment