Monday, January 6, 2014

Tomorrow = 1st 2014 Sign up Day!

Eeek! Tomorrow is the Big Day - it's sign up day for the BoA Chicago Shamrock Shuffle 8k!It's  first race of 2014 that I will run and it's also the longest race I will have run to date!! At just a teensy-tiny shade under 5 miles, I have some serious training to do!

This bitter cold isn't helping the motivation much either. Today our high was somewhere around -13 with wind chills at -50. It was horrible. I've never experienced such cold (that I can remember). I don't even want to go into the basement to use the elliptical right now either because it's cold down there. Can't it be warm already?? I want to actually run outside. I swear when we finally get some random 35 degree day I might be crazy enough to head out for one. I know there are people that run in this all the time but I'm still a newbie. I have my training wheels still on ;-) If anything, I think I will start on Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred tomorrow. I didn't complete it last time around but I did see results, no doubt about it.

I know that the Shamrock sells out so I hope that I don't run into any issues tomorrow when signing up...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment