Sunday, December 29, 2013

Holiday Success

I have escaped the holidays with no weight gained! As an adult, that is honestly a first for me. Even back in my thinner days, I'd put on 5 or so but then I would be working out right after so it would come off instantly. 

That's my victory for the week, lol. I did a bunch of walking while home in Chicago. We went to the Brookfield Zoo Holiday Magic light festival on Friday and I got plenty of steps in there! It was so pretty - I think we might make that an annual event. 

I can't wait to really start using our new Y membership. I found some classes that sounds interesting to me and that will work with my schedule. I can't wait to use the indoor track to do some actual running. I still haven't ventured into running outside in the freezing cold and on snow packed country roads. 

I did get some Kohl's gift cards for Christmas that I plan on using for workout gear. I normally just work out in old shorts and t-shirts so being around the house in them is no big deal. Being in public is another thing entirely. My future BIL bought me my long coveted gym shoes. I know I will have a hard time bringing myself to actually wear them outside of the house as I want them to last forever, lol. He got me the New Balance 890 v3 Rainbows in yellow:
He also got me an arm band for my iPhone. Now I have to load it up with tunes so I can take that with me to run. He said he tried to get me the wrap around the neck/head earbuds I wanted but couldn't find any. That's ok, I will have to find some for myself. My ears are weird. The Apple stock earbuds fall out easily as do the skull candy ones with the rubber tips. 

So it was a good Christmas for me. I hope you all had a good one (if you were celebrating) as well!

Here's a pic I love from the trip home. I had another good hair day, lol. 

ETA: that was weird - I came back to check something and my first two paragraphs were jumbled. odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment