Monday, January 27, 2014

Motivation Monday

Wow. After having a bit of a holiday lull after my 5k in November, I finally put in my first full week of exercising and training again. Damn it feels good to be a gangster. 

For my dose of motivation this week, I need to remember that this isn't a quick fix. K and I are revamping our entire lives. My heart is slightly broken over the fact that this year will be year 7 of trying to have a baby and we will most likely not accomplish that task. But in the end it will be ok because no matter what happens, I will have made myself into the best I possibly could. I'm doing this for me and for the rest of my life. I want to be happy about who I am and how I look. 

Having a raging bitch of a period also dampened my spirits a bit this week because I wasn't seeing the results of my hard work of diet and exercise on the scale. Which is completely stupid because I full well know the reasons for this. I may be fat but I'm still a former athlete. I know how this shit works. But it's funny that even with that knowledge, the gratification and exuberance that I feel when I see a lower number pop up is remarkable. So I will keep on keeping on. It will budge again soon, I know it.




No comments:

Post a Comment