Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

I'm trying out something new here for Tuesdays. Since I'm in a weird place in regards to training and races, I need some other regular ideas to post about. So here comes my Tasty Tuesdays series. I'm going to try to share some healthier food dishes with you. Many will be ones I haven't tried yet myself but I have a goal of making everything I share :)

For the first installment, I have Skinny Italian Beef and Peppers
(Photo courtesy of Skinny Mom)
Decription:
"Get ready to give your pizza cutter a rest and dig into my beef and peppers casserole! This dinner is my answer to the challenge of cooking low-carb Italian meals, and the results couldn’t be more delicious! Peppers, onions, celery, and a little surprise (garbanzo beans!) balance out the hearty ground beef in this perfect weeknight meal! This dish keeps well in the freezer, making it a great make ahead meal, and the leftovers are easy to reheat and still taste fantastic for a small lunch!"

Now...this Chicago girl knows that Italian Beef is nothing to joke about. You just don't go around calling any meat you want Italian Beef...but I will give this one a pass because it sounds like a tasty meal. A friend made it this weekend and is eating it for lunch. I forgot to ask her how it was but I will try to report back as soon as I find out :)

1 comment:

  1. It was AMAZING!!!! I highly recommend this recipe, and think it would be good with both ground chicken and ground turkey as well!!!

    ReplyDelete