Sunday, March 9, 2014

3 weeks until the Shamrock Shuffle 8k!!

Today was one of the nicest days we've had here in Northeast Wisconsin all year long so I took the opportunity to actually get outside and get my run in. By nice, I mean about 38 with a feels like temp of 29 due to the wind, and partly sunny. But hey - it felt DAMN good to be out on the road getting that run in! I also had my longest run to date today - 4.09 miles according to Map My Run and I didn't stop once. I was/am pretty proud of that.

If the race was today, I know I could have pushed another mile out. I just know it. I felt it. If only it were today. I am still unsure if my doctor is going to allow me to do it. I'm honestly guessing no, even with my protests that my mile time is more than double an elite runner, lol. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get major side eye from him. Oh well, it's ok. It's for the greater good.

I believe it is supposed to be about 46 tomorrow and if I get home and there is still light out, I'm thinking about adding a nice and easy walk into the plan for the day. Maybe with the dog. I'm sure he would be in heaven getting out of the snow covered back yard. Thursday I have a doctor's procedure during the day so I'm not sure if I will have to make that a rest day or if it will be ok to keep trucking.

For the week ahead:
Monday: walk, stretch, strength (arms/upper)
Tuesday: 3 mile run
Wednesday: 4 minute cross train (try #3 for swimming)
Thursday: rest day or 2 mile + strength (legs)
Friday: rest or water fitness or Thursday's plan (play it by ear)
Saturday: play it by ear. If Th & Fri end up being rest days, 50 min cross train
Sunday: 4 mile run (man I'd love for this to be outside but forecast only says 26)

Have a wonderful week everyone! Keep up all your hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment