Monday, December 9, 2013

The Prompt


It's only fair that I share some pictures to illustrate what prompted me to embark on this journey.

The first set of pictures fits into The Fit portion of this blog title. I apologize for some of the fuzziness of some images. I had to scan in and sometimes take picture of the pictures to get them in.

This was me ten years ago. Obviously not stick thin, which is fine with me. A little meat, softball quads and curves....but no fat, just fit. If I can get anywhere near this I'd be happy. 

Oh, and politics aside - as I'm neither R or D - the last one in the first bunch is funny to me. My roommates in Orlando brought him from their home state of Texas. He was quite entertaining ;-) I love my boobs in that picture. My goodness.

 
 
 

In September of 2012 we visited my grandparents for a week. When we got back from vacation and I was dumping my pictures onto fb, I took a good look at a few that I thought would have been great. Except I looked terrible.I hated, hated, hated how I looked. I felt horrible about myself. I felt ashamed and depressed. How I could actually look like that in reality was so disconnected to the person I felt like I was inside. 

Anyway, below is a little time line highlighting the lows I felt when I hit rock bottom (or top in this case??) on the weight scale. I suppose this is The Fat portion of the blog title.

September 2012




March 2013
First was our tour of Lambeau Field early in the month. I think I purposefully hid my chin with my scarf. Ugh, anything to hide that!

Then came Easter later in the month. Another, "Omg I thought I looked ok" moment. I'd love to say it was the dress that's the problem, lol. Unfortunately not.
Mexico for Mother's Day 2013
At this point I had already decided I needed to get serious. I was down about 10 lbs at this point.
 
June 2013
A random day that I was trying to see if I could notice any difference.
June 16, 2013 - The Color Run Chicago

July 2013 - Dallas

September 2013 
Labor Day Weekend Door County
 
Color Run Encore
 
 
 
 
November 2013 - Ugly Sweater Run
 


So that's the visual post about where I was and am. I have a long road ahead of me I know. I just have to keep on trucking.

No comments:

Post a Comment