Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Being pregnant after weight loss

You know, I've really been kicking myself for not blogging over here since getting pregnant. It just kind of dawned on me that there are other people who could be on their own quest to get pregnant or who are pregnant and also be on a weight loss (ok, hiatus for some of us) too. I'm far from the only one who is overweight and pregnant.

My main goal this pregnancy is to not balloon up or allow myself to gain back everything I lost. Sure, if I had been 130 lbs to begin with, gaining 40 would be no big deal. Except that was far from the case. I was 214 on the dot when I began our IVF cycle. I was really good with the bloat and the 4 lbs that I did gain from the cycle were minimal in my eyes. As of today, I'm 17 wks, 3 days pregnant and I am at 223.4, so just a hare under 10 lbs gained. At almost half way through this pregnancy, I'm happy with that. Especially since there have been complete and utter train wreck weeks. 

With it being summer, I do my best to never turn on the oven. That tends to limit some of the things I like to cook. At least K is the grill master and he grills some amazing dinners for us. I'm making a personal goal to try to get more veggies into my diet right away. I've been awesome with fruit but veggies have been sorely lacking. The bunny (baby) needs some carrots dangit! ;-)

You know what other goal I made? One that I'm not even sure I'll ever be able to test, lol. For my next pregnancy - and take this with a grain of salt as it took us 6.5 years to get here so who knows if we will have a second - I want to be thin enough to wear normal, cute maternity clothing. There is a huge gap in maternity fashion. I've been lucky to have a few pieces given to me by a friend, including an Old Navy dress I'm wearing today and to also be able to use some of my "fat kid" clothing still. Because of the 40 lb loss, I had a ton of room in many pants and tops. That's a huge bonus. 

So basically, here's my promise - I will try to keep blogging over here and not just on my every day blog. And as soon as I'm cleared after bunny's birth, I will be back on the train again.

No comments:

Post a Comment